This photo depicts the first Fire House that was built in Stone Harbor in the year 1912 and located at 85th Street near Second Avenue. As more homes and businesses were built, there was an increased need for better Fire Protection. It should be noted that initially a volunteer fire company was organized with 20 members and the land for building this firehouse was actually donated by Mrs. Reese Risley. Notice the large iron ring shown on the right that was struck by a hammer or mallet when sounding an alarm for a fire or an emergency. The horse driven pumper in this photo was an example of an early piece of fire fighting equipment that served Stone Harbor in its very early years.