To acquire, preserve, display, celebrate, and promote archives and artifacts relevant to the development of our unique cultural heritage and to delight, inspire, and educate the present and future generations about the story of Stone Harbor, NJ.
Director/Curator - Kim Park
Fall & Winter Schedule - 2019 Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday: 10 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Shortly thereafter, an older home, which had been used by the Stone Harbor Elementary School for School Board offices became available. Through an arrangement between the Borough and the School,Board this building became the Museum until May 2017.
We have just obtained a 2,400 sq ft property at 9410 Second Ave for our new location! Our Museum had outgrown our present facility (900 sq ft) and had been seeking an appropriate larger facility to display our 50,000 artifacts, videos and displays. We will open Memorial Day weekend..
Your Board of Trustees Officers for 2019:
President - Jim Talone
Vice Pres - Terrie Cwik
Treasurer - Paul Driscoll
Secretary - Kathy Schoenberger
* a certified 501c3 non profit organization
* more that 400 families annual paid members
* more than 13,000 visitors from 26 different states & 6 countries
* more that 50,000 artifacts, videos, displays and archival materials
* a certified Silver Participant of the Guide Star Exchange
* a certified Blue Star Museum
* GreatNonprofits 2015 Top Rated Award
* won 2nd prize in Kevin Hale Publication Awards for our DVD "Stone Harbor Stories"
* certified 118 Vintage Houses of Stone Harbor with a self guided historical tour
* a geocache location on Seven Mile Beach
* frequent news articles in Seven Mile Times, AC Press, Herald, Gazette
* regular history of Stone Harbor lecture series
* professional presentations for the public
* positioned on the CM County tourism web site for things to do in south Jersey
* partner with CM County Division of Culture & Heritage and small museum groups
* active web site and Facebook followings