To acquire, preserve, display, celebrate, and promote archives and artifacts relevant to the development of our unique cultural heritage and to delight, inspire, and educate the present and frutur generations about the story of Stone Harbor, NJ.
Summer Schedule - 2017 Monday - Friday 10 am - 3 pm & Tuesday evening 7:00-8:30 pm
We have just obtained a 2,400 sq ft property at 9410 Second Ave for our new location! Our Museum had outgrown our present facility (900 sq ft) and had been seeking an appropriate larger facility to display our 50,000 artifacts, videos and displays. We will open Memorial Day weekend..
Your Board of Trustees Officers for 2017:
Secretary - Kathy Schoenberger
* a certified 501c3 non profit organization
* more that 400 families annual paid members
* more than 13,000 visitors from 26 different states & 6 countries
* more that 50,000 artifacts, videos, displays and archival materials
* a certified Silver Participant of the Guide Star Exchange
* a certified Blue Star Museum
* GreatNonprofits 2015 Top Rated Award
* won 2nd prize in Kevin Hale Publication Awards for our DVD "Stone Harbor Stories"
* certified 118 Vintage Houses of Stone Harbor with a self guided historical tour
* a geocache location on Seven Mile Beach
* frequent news articles in Seven Mile Times, AC Press, Herald, Gazette
* regular history of Stone Harbor lecture series
* professional presentations for the public
* positioned on the CM County tourism web site for things to do in south Jersey
* partner with CM County Division of Culture & Heritage and small museum groups
* active web site and Facebook followings
Stone Harbor Museum
9410 Second Ave
Stone Harbor, NJ 08247